Spring Vacations at Whistler Blackcomb
Of course, Whistler Blackcomb is the go-to place when you want some snowy winter fun! But, did you know that it is also a gorgeous and fantastic area to visit for a fabulous spring vacation, which perfectly highlights the reasons to celebrate the upcoming seasonal change?
If you didn’t realize that, you are in for a treat! Come find out why you need to book your spring vacation in Whistler Blackcomb now!
Whistler Blackcomb: #1 Resort in North America
Nestled in Canada’s coastal mountain range, Whistler Blackcomb is a picturesque slopeside mountain village that offers a robust nightlife — as well as shopping and dining opportunities — that, combined with an astonishing range of activities, makes it the perfect year-round vacation spot. With a range of accommodations from the sumptuous to the practical, Whistler Blackcomb provides a pristine playground for adventurous souls to frolic all year round. Spring is one of the best times to enjoy the breath-taking beauty and expansive roster of activities available from North America’s #1 Resort.
Whistler Festivals you Can’t Miss!
Whistler Blackcomb is known as a spot to view some of the best skiers, snowboarders and tubers in the world. In addition to winter races and events that draw the top snow enthusiasts to the area, Whistler Blackcomb also offers the following spring festivals:
- The World Ski and Snowboard Festival is a 10-day extravaganza celebrating music, mountain life, the arts and — of course! — snow sports of all kinds. The fun starts on April 8 and runs until April 17. Outdoor concerts, spring skiing and memorable après opportunities make this event one that you don’t want to miss!
- Whistler’s Great Outdoor Festival— also known as the GO Fest — is a 4-day, fun-filled event that is slated to occur from May 20-23. Nature lovers will find themselves in their element during the GO Fest. Running clinics, paddle boarding and activities like the Slush Cup — where participants surf across a freezing slushy pit — are just a few of the attractions you can expect to find at this year’s GO Fest.
Peak-to-Peak Gondola at Whistler
The Whistler Blackcomb Peak-to-Peak Gondola is an experience that is almost indescribable. Providing exquisite views of the surrounding mountains that are impossible to find anywhere else, the peak-to-peak gondola is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records.
For 2015, Guinness Records has awarded the gondola with two world records: “highest cable car above ground” and “longest unsupported span between two cable car towers“.
- You will be soaring between two jutting, snow- and tree-covered mountains for a distance of 4.4 kilometers.
- The entire trip is quite fast and takes only 11 minutes.
- During that time, you’ll be able to enjoy 360-degree views of the some of the most gorgeous and awe-inspiring landscapes in the entire world.
- Though the temperatures are likely to be a bit cooler while you are up in the peak-to-peak gondola, during the spring months, it is probably going to be more refreshing than chilly.
Dining in Whistler Village
While you can find plenty of casual fare and places to enjoy that perfect après experience, Whistler Blackcomb is also home to some of the best fine-dining restaurants in the area. With a focus on fresh seafood and the choicest cuts of meat, you’ll find that the presentation of the food at these area restaurants makes it the perfect place to dine with that someone special in celebration of your spring anniversary or to make memories with your college buddies during spring break.
It’s Early Season! Enjoy a Little Time Spring Skiing or Hiking!
Spring skiing or hiking in Whistler or Blackcomb is one of the most enjoyable ways to enjoy the vast nature paradise that is located here.
As the warm weather sets in, you’ll find more and more people on the mountain with shorts and Tshirts! Corn snow in the early AM mixed with later afternoon slushies, really help bring out the fun at Whistler in spring!
With a wide range of different hiking trails in the area that allow visitors of all fitness levels to enjoy the wonders of nature up close and personal; Whistler Blackcomb is known as a hiker’s dream.
Want to take an easy — yet breathtakingly beautiful — walk? Choose the hiking trail around Lost Lake. You’ll enjoy gorgeous lake views without winding up breathless. For the more physically-inclined, there are tons of trails that allow you to enjoy stunning vistas and lookout points from the Whistler Mountains themselves.
Whistler Blackcomb is a year-round paradise for the adventurer seeker who wants a wide variety of activities in either summer or winter. Rustic and steeped in nature, you’ll also be able to enjoy top-notch dining, exclusive shopping and lodging situated just minutes from the best activities and events at the mountain.