Taking the family on a ski vacation to Whistler Blackcomb this year is sure to generate lots of excitement, for both parents and children alike!
Before you head off into the wild, snow-covered wonder that is Whistler Blackcomb Resort, though take the time to plan your trip carefully. You might think that it is difficult to plan a family ski trip to Whistler that ticks all the boxes for everyone who is attending, but it can be done successfully!
Regardless of your circumstances, there is a way to make everyone happy. Just keep the following three tips in mind to help you find the best in Whistler Blackcomb family ski vacation fun.
Find Budget-Friendly Lodging Options
Planning family ski vacations to Whistler is a different experience than planning a romantic getaway or an adults-only trip. For one thing, you will likely need more room to spread out, which means choosing the perfect lodging from a variety of accommodation options, like various resort homes and condos. Fortunately, you will find choices for families of all sizes at Whistler Blackcomb!
- For a small family group, such as you, your partner and your young child, a Whistler Blackcomb condo easily fits the bill. Quieter and offering a more flexible schedule than a typical hotel room, condos such as The Aspens offer you ski in/ski out convenience and the ability to walk to activities in Whistler Village and Blackcomb Base.
- Hotels are perfect for the busy family who likes to be pampered while they are on vacation. The Blackcomb Lodge provides charming European style right in the heart of all the hustle and bustle of a lively, vibrant world-class ski resort. With a variety of rooms and suites that will suit any circumstances, Blackcomb Lodge is minutes away from such amenities as the Whistler Blackcomb gondolas, shopping, dining and other exciting activities. Other activities that you can enjoy right at Blackcomb Lodge include a pool, hot tub and sauna, free 24-hour access to the Internet, and the ability to simply walk to the ski lifts so you can enjoy the excitement and thrills of skiing at a moment’s notice.
- Vacation homes provide you with the space you need to really spread out. Nestled in highly-desirable locations close to everything, Whistler Blackcomb vacation homes also allow you to enjoy a tremendous amount of privacy. At the Treeline Complex, for example, you can enjoy a spacious, two bedroom condo that sleeps up to six people in luxurious comfort. Amenities such as a community hot tub, free shuttle service located at the end of the driveway and the ability to ski in off Blackcomb Mountain’s Home Run are all accentuated by Treeline’s beautiful tree-infused setting. The Gold-rated Montebello townhomes are brand new. Nestled at the northern portion of Whistler Village North, Montebello provides you with the privacy you crave while the nearby bus and shuttle service offer you the convenience you need. A variety of floor plans allow you to sleep up to ten people in supreme comfort while you enjoy a gourmet kitchen that is impeccably decorated as well as a private hot tub, flat screen TV and much more.
Look for Included Amenities
Booking your family ski vacation with a top-notch property such as Whistler Premier provides you with much more than luxurious accommodations set among some of the most gorgeous mountains in the world. You will also be able to take advantage of a wide variety of free and always included amenities that will thoroughly enhance your family getaway.
- At the Whistler Blackcomb Family Adventure Zone, for example, you can choose three activities from selections such as a freefall airbag, go carts or batting cages that will have your family laughing, bonding and creating exciting memories.
- Two complimentary movie passes to Village 8 Cinemas mean your family can enjoy a first-run movie after a full day of skiing fun.
- Enjoy complimentary admission to the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Center and immerse yourself in the authentic experiences of the area’s Native Peoples.
- Grab a free Go Pro HD video camera and document every exciting part of your family ski vacation to Whistler Blackcomb. There’s no better way to relive all the fun and excitement of your stay than by using one of these top-notch video cameras to do so.
Keep an Eye Out for Deals
Let’s face it — going on family ski vacations to Whistler can put a dent in your wallet. Not only do you need to spring for larger accommodations when you bring the kids, you also need to factor in a bigger budget for food and entertainment while there. Fortunately, you can often find deals and packages that allows you to save a great deal of money if you look hard enough.
Whistler Deals often offer you a generous percentage off your entire stay when you book during certain times of the year. Options for both winter and summer stays are available. Packages such as the Ski & Stay bundle your accommodations with lift tickets so you can save big while enjoying your ski vacation.