Whistler is the Ultimate Summer Getaway Adventure Destination!
Whistler truly is a destination for all seasons. From unparalleled mountain adventures to unique Whistler Village shopping, fantastic dining, and the notorious nightlife, no matter the time of year there’s always a something going on and adventures to be had.
Whistler is a unique mountain culture, blended with an event and activities list perfect for families, a vibrant cultural scene and loads of lodging options.
A favorite summer haunt for adventure seekers and families alike, below is a short list to set your vacation planning wheels in motion.
Outdoor activities, cultural events, world-class athletic competitions are only rivaled by the blow-your-mind amazing scenery Whistler delivers.
Here are a few upcoming seasonal highlights to put on your calendar:
The Famous Peak 2 Peak Gondola
- All right, this isn’t exactly a one-time event, but a round-trip aboard this world-record breaking gondola that hangs between two mountain peaks is an event itself. Hop aboard, take a seat, and get ready for some of the most spectacular mountain views you’ll ever experience. Every angle offers stunning vistas of the surrounding mountains, forests, ancient glaciers and the village below.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll grab a spot on the unique glass-bottom gondola and view the rainforest below as you cruise along. After the ride, dine at the Rooftops of the World restaurant before you head back down to the village, or explore one of the many hiking and biking trails on the mountain. Get the Peak 2 Peak package here.
Lodging Pairing: Montebello Vacation Homes at Whistler Resort
Lodging Located in Whistler Village North, you’ll find these mountain homes to be a quiet and exclusive retreat, offering stellar views of both mountains and access to the free shuttle.
Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- July 1-2, classical music comes to Whistler with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra at the Whistler Olympic Plaza. Grab a chair and a blanket and join in the celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary!
- The full orchestra will be present and the event is free of charge. From Brahms to Tchaikovsky, O Canada to the 1812 Overture, both evenings include soul-stirring music in an idyllic under-the-stars setting.
Lodging Pairing: Lost Lake Lodge in Whistler B.C
Perfect for guests looking for the feeling of a quiet mountain getaway, but still having easy access to all Whistler offers.
- Although the true meaning of wanderlust is a desire to wander and rove, the Wanderlust festival guides attendees through a transformative process of truly finding yourself, your balance and your best self through processes, dining and community. It’s a homing in on what makes you tick, and how to find a clearer path for your own journey.
- It’s a festival filled with sustainable cooking practices, yoga and meditation, live music and events that focus on being mindful. You’ll walk away feeling centered and ready to tackle the world from a gentler perspective. Join in from August 3-6.
Lodging Pairing: Le Chamois at Whistler
A charming boutique hotel located in Whistler’s upper Village and offering exceptional mountain access.
RBC GranFondo Whistler
- On September 9th, The Sea to Sky Highway, one of the world’s most breathtaking road routes, will have a dedicated cycling lane as thousands of world-class road bikers participate in what has been touted as Western Canada’s premier bike race. They’ll start off in downtown Vancouver and ride amidst the mountains, sea and sky to Whistler.
- Grab a spot on the route and cheer on the riders, or hang out in the Celebration Plaza in Whistler Village to welcome in the racers as the finish the race. Celebration Plaza will host live music, food, a beer garden, kids activities and vendors.
Lodging Pairing: Horstman House at Whistler Resort
An intimate alpine retreat with Luxe accommodations in a spectacular alpine setting. This hotel is located just off the Home Run trail and steps away from Lost Lake Park in Whistler B.C. Guests are treated to high-end amenities paired with a location allowing you access to all Whistler has to offer.
On-going Summer Adventure Fun
- Although Whistler plays host to seemingly endless summer events and mountain activities, some of the local’s favorites are happenings that take place throughout the summer months and in to the fall. Whether it’s the renowned Farmer’s Market that occurs Sunday’s and Wednesday’s through October or the free concert series that rocks Whistler Village, there is truly something going on almost every day in Whistler.
- Should you want to get away from the bustle visitors can choose to head in to the mountains for a hike, go golfing, explore the area lakes or relax at an area spa. Whether you want to find your Zen or party with the local’s, Whistler proves you can have it all.
Lodging Pairing: Blackcomb Lodge in Whistler Village
Right in the heart of Whistler Village, guests can walk to all the Village activities and enjoy easy access to mountain trails.
Drop us some feedback on places you’ve stayed from the list above, or help our readers with a few alternative options. Either way, it’s about helping our visiting community make the best of their Summer Adventure to Whistler!