So you’ve made it official and you have decided that you must visit the premier ski location of Whistler Blackcomb. After all, there are countless reasons why you should do so — superb snow sports, outstanding lodging and exciting adventures, both on and off the snow — and take advantage of its many amenities. Knowing what to look for before you head out to your ultimate ski trip will make your vacation much more memorable.
Make Sure to Bring the Right Gear
Packing the right gear is crucial to being able to fully enjoy your ski vacation. In addition to the basics necessary for your activity of choice — skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc. — you need to bring all your accessories. These could be items such as hiking poles, trail guidebooks, ski grease and more. Doing so means that you can continue to enjoy your planned activities even if your clothing gets soaked.
Be sure, too, to pack clothing with an eye to layering. Because weather conditions can change rapidly, you need to be prepared for the fact that you could go up on the mountain in the early morning when it’s frosty and get overheated quickly as the day warms up. Being able to peel off the layers, as needed, can help increase your time on the slopes, as well as your comfort level while you are doing so.
Chose Your Location Carefully
Ranking right up there with the gear you bring is the location of your stay. While your first thought might be that you want to be as close as possible to all the action of Whistler Blackcomb, being in the heart of all the hustle and bustle might not work for everyone’s situation.
- Alpenglow, for example, is conveniently situated near both Whistler Village and Village North. This hotel, which is designed in the charming style of a European ski lodge, offers you both the convenience of being close to attractions, such as shopping, dining and shuttle service while also providing you with the privacy you crave.
- Treeline offers superb Whistler lodging for those discerning guests who want to be able to spend as much time on the slopes as possible. Due to its breath-taking location among the trees — hence its name — Treeline enables you to ski in off Blackcomb Mountain’s magnificent Home Run. Vaulted ceilings, spacious accommodations and the convenience of a free shuttle pick up just mere steps away make Treeline ideal for those people who want to be nestled right up next to the mountain.
- Montebello is situated at the north end of the highly-desirable Whistler Village North. This neighborhood is marked by a quiet and laid-back environment that makes it the ideal place to relax after enjoying all your favorite snow sports. Hop on the bus and you’ll be whisked off to the ski lifts in just minutes. Another option is for you to take the free shuttle that boasts a stop that is only a leisurely three-minute walk away from Montebello.
Type of Rental
Staying in a hotel such as the Blackcomb Lodge enables you to be located in the heart of the vibrant and diverse ski destination of Whistler Village.
- You’ll be just steps away from all the dining and entertainment options you could desire. Whistler Village also offers you the opportunity to shop for any essentials you might have forgotten.
- With access to storage areas for your ski gear, as well as community benefits like a sauna, indoor hot tub and free WiFi internet access, you’ll enjoy the pampering that comes from staying in a hotel.
A condominium offers you a superb combination of both convenience as well as privacy.
- Luxury meets modern amenities here at these highly-desirable Whistler condo rentals. With an array of different neighbourhoods available, you can enjoy access to community benefits like a pool, hot tub, tennis courts, hiking trails, garage parking and more.
- Within your condo, you’ll find thoughtful touches such as a washer and dryer, so you can pack lightly and dry out your clothing in between activities.
- Condos are typically centrally located, so you can still access the attractions at Whistler Village within mere minutes of leaving your lodging.
Vacation homes afford you the ultimate in convenient locations as well as privacy.
- Large enough to accommodate groups, such as business conference attendees, a ski club or your sorority reunion, many of these Whistler vacation homes provide highly desirable ski in/ski out access, as well as mud rooms or ski storage that make it quick and easy for you to hit the slopes.
- Once you are done having fun in the snow, your vacation home rental affords you the privacy you crave to unwind, away from all the hustle and bustle of a busy ski resort.
- Take advantage of a fireplace that invites you to relax while watching your favorite show, enjoy expansive views of the mountainous surroundings in a deck-side hot tub or relax in the luxury of the finest bedding in British Columbia.